Skip to main content

FIND-ing wardrobe staples

Since my last 'fashion' post/rant, rather than focusing on what is getting my goat in fashion,  I have tried to spend my time productively.

I have tried to audit my wardrobe, find my style inspiration and find my 'uniform' (post on these steps to come later) and to be honest I haven't got very far.

There are a few reasons for this;
  1. I don't know how to dress for my size and as a serial dieter with an ever changing shape this is even more complicated
  2. I DESPISE shopping for clothes.

Clothes shopping on the high street as a plus size woman is difficult.  Add to that a severe lack of confidence, a body shape that is apparently a complete misnomer (small (ish) waist, big mum tum and thighs and a lack of height) and no patience and you are in for a horrific few hours.

And don't start me on shoes - I have small but wide feet and very rarely find shoes that fit well so my collection is lacking so much that on the few occasions do manage to put a vaguely presentable outfit together it is spoilt by my lack of shoes which at the moment is really only a pair of VW Melissa Pirate boots (which I LOVE but can look like wellies) and a pair of Fitflops (and again I love them but once the puddles get a few cm deep even I know it's time to put them away).
I best move on before I end up with another ranty post with no conclusion.

I am trying to buy more and more online now that postage charges and returns policies are becoming better, but Amazon is not somewhere I had looked for clothing.
That is until I logged on yesterday to see an advert for Amazons first clothing range, Find.
Having spent a good hour browsing the range I am really really impressed.  The sizing is good for a new collection - it goes up to a UK20 and whilst it would be nice for bigger sizes to be available, it's not a bad start.  The prices are really good - basic tees will set you back £10 - £15 and you can get a mac or pair of boots for £60.  There are some basic piece, like sportswear and plain tees that you could find anywhere, but there are also some really beautiful pieces that are different to what you can get on the high street.

Anyhoo, I think you get my point. It's worth checking out and to save you a bit of time I have picked out a few of my favorite wardrobe staples to share with you.
Amazon Find
Courts // Jeans // Vest // Coat // Blazer // Tee

Have you found any FIND pieces that you must have?

Tessa
Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Instagram

“Fashion is not necessarily about labels. It’s not about brands. It’s about something else that comes from within you.” Ralph Lauren

Links in this post are affiliated links.  See my sidebar for my PR disclaimer.

Popular posts from this blog

Etsy Holiday Gift Guide #2 Stocking Fillers

So last week I shared my favourite Etsy Christmas card finds here  so this week I am sharing my favourite stocking fillers. From art prints to patches to food stuff you really can find ANYTHING and EVERYTHING on Etsy . Next week I will be sharing my Christmas list but if your interested in seeing someone else's idea of the ideal Christmas present check out the   Etsy Editors' Pick's page . I  haven't  had a stocking for  years  so  thoroughly  enjoyed creating my ideal stocking - do you have a favourite stocking filler ?                Tessa                                                       Twitter  //  Bloglovin  //  Pinterest   //  Instagram  //  Facebook * I am an Etsy affiliate but I ge...

Filling up the creative well when you are struggling....

Maya Angelou famously said “You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” but I am sure I am not alone in not struggling with the concept, especially at the moment. Anyone who knows me personally will know that I have battled with my mental health for over half my life and despite an amazing support circle, the right medication and a whole toolbox of tools, sometimes my mood just dips that little bit lower than normal and despite a real urge to create (something, anything !!!) nothing appears.  I am by no means an expert and I sat here writing this rather than creating, so read into that as you may, but there are a few things I have been doing recently to try a keep my creative spark alive until something clicks and I can spend a few hours creating for me again. 1. Keeping up with my favourite creators on Social Media Dina Wakley is a huge inspiration of mine after first seeing her  on YT a few years ago, and she has been so generous wi...

Throwback post WWCW // Denim Jacket with Patches

I posted this blog in January 2016 - expect to see an update on the Denim Jacket in the next few weeks My first ever style icon was Clarissa which is probably showing my age somewhat and I have decided that 2016 is the year I go back to my (un)fashion(able) roots and make clothes fun again. To do this I am going to ask myself...   WHAT WOULD CLARISSA WEAR?? Answer number 1 is a pair of denim shorts with patches which isn't really suitable given my age so the next best thing.. A denim jacket with patches along the lines of these... I have yet to get the jacket (off to eBay I go) but I have already decided on a number of patches and pins (all of which are from Etsy) which as always I wanted to share. My Little Pony Applique Rarity Iron on patch HA FunnyPatch $3.10 Pawnee Goddesses Patch PopCulturePatches $14.00 Plague Survivor Geek Merit Badge Patch StoriedThreads $8.00 Fashion Plates Patch fairycakes £6.00 ...