Skip to main content

Recent Etsy favourites

[affiliate links]
One thing that hasn't changed during my recent hiatus is my love of Etsy - It is still my first port of call for unique gifts (for others and myself) and I can happily while away the hours browsing for future purchases.
I used to share my recent favourite items on a semi-regular basis so thought I would start doing so again, especially in the lead up to Christmas.  Though rest assured my normal Etsy Christmas gift guides will be posted in due course.
This hoop is exactly what it says it is- a work of art. I loved this the minute I saw it - it's reminiscent of the abstract art I am loving at the moment that is colour blocking with pops of texture but taken to a completely new level. 





 I don't know how I stumbled upon Emma's shop but I am so glad I did. Her loose watercolour style is the perfect match for these articulated creations. If like me, you are on the other side of the world and shipping is too expensive, you can get pdf versions too which are what I will be treating myself to.







Collage Journal with designed paper and collage pack - No. 5 £25.18
LydiaRinkDE







I have been following Lydia on Instagram (@_lydiarink_/ - go follow her, you will be amazed and inspired in equal amounts) for a few months now after her mini-videos were recommended to be following a Gelli Plate based query.  Not only does she do the most amazing image transfers, but her rust papers and collages are also awe-inspiring. I hope to take one of her classes in the future but for now, one of her journals is top of my list.


So there were just a few of this months favourite pieces - what have you purchased from Etsy recently?


Popular posts from this blog

Etsy Holiday Gift Guide #2 Stocking Fillers

So last week I shared my favourite Etsy Christmas card finds here  so this week I am sharing my favourite stocking fillers. From art prints to patches to food stuff you really can find ANYTHING and EVERYTHING on Etsy . Next week I will be sharing my Christmas list but if your interested in seeing someone else's idea of the ideal Christmas present check out the   Etsy Editors' Pick's page . I  haven't  had a stocking for  years  so  thoroughly  enjoyed creating my ideal stocking - do you have a favourite stocking filler ?                Tessa                                                       Twitter  //  Bloglovin  //  Pinterest   //  Instagram  //  Facebook * I am an Etsy affiliate but I ge...

Throwback post WWCW // Denim Jacket with Patches

I posted this blog in January 2016 - expect to see an update on the Denim Jacket in the next few weeks My first ever style icon was Clarissa which is probably showing my age somewhat and I have decided that 2016 is the year I go back to my (un)fashion(able) roots and make clothes fun again. To do this I am going to ask myself...   WHAT WOULD CLARISSA WEAR?? Answer number 1 is a pair of denim shorts with patches which isn't really suitable given my age so the next best thing.. A denim jacket with patches along the lines of these... I have yet to get the jacket (off to eBay I go) but I have already decided on a number of patches and pins (all of which are from Etsy) which as always I wanted to share. My Little Pony Applique Rarity Iron on patch HA FunnyPatch $3.10 Pawnee Goddesses Patch PopCulturePatches $14.00 Plague Survivor Geek Merit Badge Patch StoriedThreads $8.00 Fashion Plates Patch fairycakes £6.00 ...

Filling up the creative well when you are struggling....

Maya Angelou famously said “You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” but I am sure I am not alone in not struggling with the concept, especially at the moment. Anyone who knows me personally will know that I have battled with my mental health for over half my life and despite an amazing support circle, the right medication and a whole toolbox of tools, sometimes my mood just dips that little bit lower than normal and despite a real urge to create (something, anything !!!) nothing appears.  I am by no means an expert and I sat here writing this rather than creating, so read into that as you may, but there are a few things I have been doing recently to try a keep my creative spark alive until something clicks and I can spend a few hours creating for me again. 1. Keeping up with my favourite creators on Social Media Dina Wakley is a huge inspiration of mine after first seeing her  on YT a few years ago, and she has been so generous wi...