Skip to main content

Currently loving....

I don't know about you, but when I am busy at work my creativity tends to dry up and that has been my reality for the last few months.

I have also been busy trying to finish stitching  Christmas gifts.  Because of the deadline, I didn't want to start any new stitching projects until they were finished, and as they took far longer than I expected  I had a few projects  (that I was itching to start) that were just collecting dust.

Thankfully I have been able to start them now and they include kits from Wildfloss and Innocent Bones.

This is not my picture but is the sample from the new embroidery kit I am working on from Wildfloss.




I have completed every Wildfloss kit so far and I love them.

I have been embroidering for about 18 months now but would still consider myself a beginner so I find these kits perfect. They offer the right balance of pattern/guidance to creative freedom.

The cross stitch pattern I am working on from Innocent Bones is from the latest Mood Box.

I haven't paid for a subscription box for a lot of years, but having seen an advert for the Mood box earlier this year I thought I would give one box a go, but here we are, 8 months later I am still subscribed and have no intention of stopping.

I have also purchased 8 stand-alone kits, and have the advent calendar waiting for me, so you can tell I really am a fan.

I won't share a picture of this piece as I don't want to share the surprise if people are behind but here is a past pattern and you can find more details about all the contents of the boxes here.


I  do need to find a way to display my hoops - if anyone has any no-nails suggestions on how to get these on the wall they would be most appreciated.

I have also spent some time in my art journal over the last few weekends - not as much as I would like but some time is better than no time.

The below page was based on a project by Megan Whisner-Quinlan on the Ranger Ink Blog and was the perfect way to play with my new Dina Wakley supplies 


And these dolls were from a class by the fabulous Tracy Scott. It was the first class I have taken with Tracy but it won't be the last.

As soon as I saw these dolls as part of a sample for Tracy's new stamps (which I love) I was keen to learn how to make them.

I already have a second set of dolls in my journals just waiting for their faces as this was such a fun technique. 

Simple yet effective, versatile, and different every time !!


I have recently purchased 2 Domestika courses on portrait painting as I want to work on my faces so that's what I will be working on next.

What creative projects are you working on at the moment?

Tess


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Etsy : The perfect place for a unique Advent Calendar

Over the past few years, I have shared with you my favourite unique Christmas cards, stocking fillers and tree decorations, all available from Etsy This year I want to share my favourite advent calendars. Maybe like me, your children are growing up and so they will appreciate a unique advent calendar for the treat it is, or maybe you would like the joy your family members get from opening their gifts to extend beyond the one day, or perhaps (also like me)  you just want to treat yourself a little bit. The possibilities with Etsy really are endless, and there are many more options than those that I am sharing, so I would highly encourage everyone to grab a cup of their favourite hot beverage and spend a fun 30 minutes persuing these sellers, and many more besides that. For the foodies, I have a list of food-based calendars  that contain items such as pork scratching and cheddar cheese, alongside those containing the more traditional chocolate options.  Cheesies Advent Calendar £32.50

Etsy Holiday Gift Guide #1 Christmas cards

It is clear by now to anyone who knows me that I LOVE Etsy and it is always my first port of call if I need to purchase something specific or even if I just want to window shop. With Christmas on the horizon, my love for Etsy deepens as it is, in my opinion, the best place to get unique and personal Christmas presents. Over the next few weeks I will be sharing som e of my favourite Christmas present picks , which Etsy have already started doing over on the  Etsy Editors' Pick's page , but for today I wanted to share some of my favourite Christmas cards. If you have never shopped on Etsy before and wanted to dip your toes into the water before investing in a bigger piece, purchasing a Christmas card would be the ideal way to start. Nowhere on the internet or the high street will you get such amazing selection. Whether you want funny or soppy or pop culture based or even vaguely scary (I'm thinking Krampus cards) Etsy will have your back. He

Get That Glow // Highlighters with a twist

Gone are the days that highlighting was left to the professional makeup artists on magazine shoots. Now highlighting is a day to day occurrence for most of us I love that the trend has evolved enough to provide those of us who don't want a gold champagne shimmer. Some of us are aiming for extraterrestrial realness (maybe that's just me) so the colours now available are perfect and when they come in a palette as beautiful as the  Blacklight Highlight - 6 Color Palette from BH Cosmetics (and for only $16.99 !!!) you really can't go wrong. Whilst I try and sort the area in my room for shooting beauty pictures I thought I would share just a few of the items on my highlight wishlist. Are there any highlighters on your wishlist at the moment? Tessa