Skip to main content

Etsy : Difference Makes Us

As I have already alluded to, I love Etsy.  Whenever I want to buy practically anything, Etsy is always my first port of call. Makeup, clothes, art, jewellery, food - you name it, I have purchased it.

And the latest Etsy campaign, Difference Makes Us, celebrating everyone's uniqueness is the exact reason I am obsessed with the site, and sellers thereon.

Everyone needs to head over to the page and check out the campaign video - Just today someone commented on how my mug at work was so me.

So I spent one lunch break considering what differences make me me and I came up with a few....

I am an accountant ……. but i'm covered in tattoo’s

Lydia deetz tattoo print beetlejuice


 I don’t like horror movies……. But I’m obsessed with Jack the Ripper.

WertherAndGray jack the ripper candle


I have to dress smart for work…….. but I always add a twist

Ear Jackets Marble Circle Hoop Bar Minimal Front Back Earrings Industrial Modernist

The list is endless, just considering the differences between myself and my husband would result in a list that goes on and on but to name just a few

I believe in aliens and ghosts and he doesn’t

I like milky tea, he has his black

He plays computer games, I read

so to conclude in the words of Dr Seuss…




In case you were wondering , the mug in question was from Etsy but the shop no longer exists #sadface


Perd mug etsy


What makes you unique?  

Do you have a favourite Etsy item or seller that expresses you perfectly?

Tessa

* I am an Etsy affiliate so this post contains affiliate links but I would never recommend a product or site I havent tried and loved. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Etsy Holiday Gift Guide #2 Stocking Fillers

So last week I shared my favourite Etsy Christmas card finds here  so this week I am sharing my favourite stocking fillers. From art prints to patches to food stuff you really can find ANYTHING and EVERYTHING on Etsy . Next week I will be sharing my Christmas list but if your interested in seeing someone else's idea of the ideal Christmas present check out the   Etsy Editors' Pick's page . I  haven't  had a stocking for  years  so  thoroughly  enjoyed creating my ideal stocking - do you have a favourite stocking filler ?                Tessa                                                       Twitter  //  Bloglovin  //  Pinterest   //  Instagram  //  Facebook * I am an Etsy affiliate but I ge...

Throwback post WWCW // Denim Jacket with Patches

I posted this blog in January 2016 - expect to see an update on the Denim Jacket in the next few weeks My first ever style icon was Clarissa which is probably showing my age somewhat and I have decided that 2016 is the year I go back to my (un)fashion(able) roots and make clothes fun again. To do this I am going to ask myself...   WHAT WOULD CLARISSA WEAR?? Answer number 1 is a pair of denim shorts with patches which isn't really suitable given my age so the next best thing.. A denim jacket with patches along the lines of these... I have yet to get the jacket (off to eBay I go) but I have already decided on a number of patches and pins (all of which are from Etsy) which as always I wanted to share. My Little Pony Applique Rarity Iron on patch HA FunnyPatch $3.10 Pawnee Goddesses Patch PopCulturePatches $14.00 Plague Survivor Geek Merit Badge Patch StoriedThreads $8.00 Fashion Plates Patch fairycakes £6.00 ...

Filling up the creative well when you are struggling....

Maya Angelou famously said “You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” but I am sure I am not alone in not struggling with the concept, especially at the moment. Anyone who knows me personally will know that I have battled with my mental health for over half my life and despite an amazing support circle, the right medication and a whole toolbox of tools, sometimes my mood just dips that little bit lower than normal and despite a real urge to create (something, anything !!!) nothing appears.  I am by no means an expert and I sat here writing this rather than creating, so read into that as you may, but there are a few things I have been doing recently to try a keep my creative spark alive until something clicks and I can spend a few hours creating for me again. 1. Keeping up with my favourite creators on Social Media Dina Wakley is a huge inspiration of mine after first seeing her  on YT a few years ago, and she has been so generous wi...