Skip to main content

FIND-ing wardrobe staples

Since my last 'fashion' post/rant, rather than focusing on what is getting my goat in fashion,  I have tried to spend my time productively.

I have tried to audit my wardrobe, find my style inspiration and find my 'uniform' (post on these steps to come later) and to be honest I haven't got very far.

There are a few reasons for this;
  1. I don't know how to dress for my size and as a serial dieter with an ever changing shape this is even more complicated
  2. I DESPISE shopping for clothes.

Clothes shopping on the high street as a plus size woman is difficult.  Add to that a severe lack of confidence, a body shape that is apparently a complete misnomer (small (ish) waist, big mum tum and thighs and a lack of height) and no patience and you are in for a horrific few hours.

And don't start me on shoes - I have small but wide feet and very rarely find shoes that fit well so my collection is lacking so much that on the few occasions do manage to put a vaguely presentable outfit together it is spoilt by my lack of shoes which at the moment is really only a pair of VW Melissa Pirate boots (which I LOVE but can look like wellies) and a pair of Fitflops (and again I love them but once the puddles get a few cm deep even I know it's time to put them away).
I best move on before I end up with another ranty post with no conclusion.

I am trying to buy more and more online now that postage charges and returns policies are becoming better, but Amazon is not somewhere I had looked for clothing.
That is until I logged on yesterday to see an advert for Amazons first clothing range, Find.
Having spent a good hour browsing the range I am really really impressed.  The sizing is good for a new collection - it goes up to a UK20 and whilst it would be nice for bigger sizes to be available, it's not a bad start.  The prices are really good - basic tees will set you back £10 - £15 and you can get a mac or pair of boots for £60.  There are some basic piece, like sportswear and plain tees that you could find anywhere, but there are also some really beautiful pieces that are different to what you can get on the high street.

Anyhoo, I think you get my point. It's worth checking out and to save you a bit of time I have picked out a few of my favorite wardrobe staples to share with you.
Amazon Find
Courts // Jeans // Vest // Coat // Blazer // Tee

Have you found any FIND pieces that you must have?

Tessa
Facebook / Twitter Pinterest / Instagram

“Fashion is not necessarily about labels. It’s not about brands. It’s about something else that comes from within you.” Ralph Lauren

Links in this post are affiliated links.  See my sidebar for my PR disclaimer.

Popular posts from this blog

Etsy : The perfect place for a unique Advent Calendar

Over the past few years, I have shared with you my favourite unique Christmas cards, stocking fillers and tree decorations, all available from Etsy This year I want to share my favourite advent calendars. Maybe like me, your children are growing up and so they will appreciate a unique advent calendar for the treat it is, or maybe you would like the joy your family members get from opening their gifts to extend beyond the one day, or perhaps (also like me)  you just want to treat yourself a little bit. The possibilities with Etsy really are endless, and there are many more options than those that I am sharing, so I would highly encourage everyone to grab a cup of their favourite hot beverage and spend a fun 30 minutes persuing these sellers, and many more besides that. For the foodies, I have a list of food-based calendars  that contain items such as pork scratching and cheddar cheese, alongside those containing the more traditional chocolate options.  Cheesies Advent Calendar £32.50

Get That Glow // Highlighters with a twist

Gone are the days that highlighting was left to the professional makeup artists on magazine shoots. Now highlighting is a day to day occurrence for most of us I love that the trend has evolved enough to provide those of us who don't want a gold champagne shimmer. Some of us are aiming for extraterrestrial realness (maybe that's just me) so the colours now available are perfect and when they come in a palette as beautiful as the  Blacklight Highlight - 6 Color Palette from BH Cosmetics (and for only $16.99 !!!) you really can't go wrong. Whilst I try and sort the area in my room for shooting beauty pictures I thought I would share just a few of the items on my highlight wishlist. Are there any highlighters on your wishlist at the moment? Tessa 

Etsy Holiday Gift Guide #1 Christmas cards

It is clear by now to anyone who knows me that I LOVE Etsy and it is always my first port of call if I need to purchase something specific or even if I just want to window shop. With Christmas on the horizon, my love for Etsy deepens as it is, in my opinion, the best place to get unique and personal Christmas presents. Over the next few weeks I will be sharing som e of my favourite Christmas present picks , which Etsy have already started doing over on the  Etsy Editors' Pick's page , but for today I wanted to share some of my favourite Christmas cards. If you have never shopped on Etsy before and wanted to dip your toes into the water before investing in a bigger piece, purchasing a Christmas card would be the ideal way to start. Nowhere on the internet or the high street will you get such amazing selection. Whether you want funny or soppy or pop culture based or even vaguely scary (I'm thinking Krampus cards) Etsy will have your back. He